Motera Cricket Stadium: Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera, Gujarat will be the world’s largest cricket stadium. The capacity of the audience in this new stadium will be 1.10 lakh. The estimated cost of the project is estimated at Rs 700 crore and it will be built on about 63 acres of land. This Motera Stadium will be inaugurated on 24 February 2020 by US President Donald Trump.
Many times it happens that you want to watch a cricket match but you know that all the tickets of the match have been sold. But now the people of Gujarat hope to get rid of this problem, because Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera, Gujarat is being modified and the biggest stadium in the world is being built.
Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Australia is simply known as “The G”. As of now it is the largest cricket stadium in the world. The stadium has an audience capacity of about 1,00,024 and the size of the field is 171 meters x 146 meters.
Motera Cricket Stadium, Gujarat: Largest cricket stadium in the world
The Sardar Patel Stadium or Motera Stadium in Motera, Ahmedabad, which was built in 1982, was dropped in 2015, but is now being rebuilt.
This stadium is in the news because it will become the largest cricket stadium in the world. Let us know some interesting facts about this stadium.
1. The foundation stone of Motera Cricket Stadium was laid in January 2018 and it is ready by February 2020.
The Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA) handed over the stadium project to Larsen & Toubro (L&T), while it will be designed by architecture firm M / s Populous. It is the same firm that designed Melbourne Stadium.
2. Motera Stadium will have a capacity of about 1.10 lakh spectators while Melbourne Stadium has a capacity of about 100,024 spectators.
3. So far Kolkata’s Eden Gardens is at number 2 with a capacity of 66,000 which will be pushed to the third position. Currently, the Motera Stadium has a capacity of about 54,000.
4. This new stadium will be spread over 63 acres. The stadium has a club house with more than 50 rooms, 3 practice grounds for cricketers, 4 dressing rooms, 76 corporate boxes, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, an indoor cricket training academy, a parking area which is about 3,000 four-wheelers. Vehicles can provide parking for 10,000 two-wheelers.
5. Motera Stadium became operational in 1983 and became popular when Sunil Gavaskar made his 10,000th Test run on this ground in 1987. Sunil Gavaskar was the first batsman to reach this point.
6. On this Motera ground, Indian legend Kapil Dev broke Richard Hadlee’s world record of 431 Test wickets.
7. Veteran Sachin Tendulkar made his first double Test century at this ground in 1999.
8. After the completion of this stadium, there will be a total of 5 largest stadiums in India from the list of top 10 largest stadiums in the world.
9. A huge ramp has also been constructed in this stadium for the exit of 60,000 people simultaneously. It has also been connected to the road, metro and parking area so that the crowd does not gather in one place.
Cricket is always considered as a religion in India, which is why test matches also attract a lot of crowd here. The estimated cost of the project is estimated at Rs 700 crore and it will be built on about 63 acres of land. This Motera Stadium will be inaugurated on 24 February 2020 by US President Donald Trump and Narendra Modi indian pm. As we know that India will host the 2023 Cricket World Cup. Therefore, the need of the hour is to build world class cricket stadiums in the country. The construction of Sardar Patel Gujarat Stadium in Motera is a good step in this direction.