MPPSC 2020 has provided a NEW DETAILED SYLLABUS for PRELIMINARY EXAM 2020 with few changes. There are certain topics which are being FOCUSED AREAS on which the number of questions asked is more in the previous years. Therefore,we have analyzed the Previous Year Question papers and identified the important topics that candidates should revise multiple times before going to the final exam.
PAPER 1: GENERAL STUDIES
1.History Cultureand Literatureof M.P.
- Major events and Major dynasties in history of Madhya Pradesh.
- Contribution of Madhya Pradesh in freedom movement.
- Major arts and Sculptureof Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Tribes and Dialects of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major festivals, Folk music, Folk arts and Folk literature of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Literator of Madhya Pradesh and their literature.
- Religious and tourist places of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Tribal Personalities of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important dynasties and their contributions to the Culture of M.P
|•Prehistoric Period in Madhya Pradesh|
•Protohistoric Period in Madhya Pradesh •Ancient& Medieval period in Madhya Pradesh
|•Narmada banks –Archaeologicalfinding |
•Bhimbetka Caves and Paintings
•Other Archaeologicalevidences from Madhya Pradesh
•Adamgarh (MP) and Bagor (Raj)
•Mauryas –Ashok (Ujjain)
•Sultanate Period –Wars and Battles •Literary Accounts of Foreign Travelers–Fa-Hein, Ibn-Batutaetc.
•Chandels , Parmars , Rajputs etc.
|•Major Arts and Sculptures|
•Religion Festivals and Literature
|•Temples Forts |
•festivals, Folk music, Folk arts and Folk literature
•Literator of Madhya Pradesh and their literature
•Dynasties and their contributions to the Culture of M.P.
2.History of India
- Major features, Events and their administrative, Social and Economic Systems of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Social and Religious reform movements in 19th and 20th century.
- Independence struggle and Indian National Movement for Freedom.
- Integration and Reorganization of India after Independence
|•Socio, economic, political events during Ancient India||•Indus Valley civilization-Sites and Archaeologicalevidences,Social Life,Artefacts and excavationslike Finding at Kalibangan,Lothal,Harappa and Mohenjo-Daroetc.|
•Vedic Period -Philosophers,Society,Varna System •Jainismand Buddhism -Personal History and Ideas and Philosophy,Councils,Sects
•Mauryan Dynasty and Important edicts
•Gupta dynasty-Society and Economy
•Literary Accounts of Foreign Travelers-FaHein, Ibn-Batutaetc.
|•Socio, economic, political events during Medieval period||•Tripartite struggle, Delhi Sultanate,|
•Mughals Genealogy and Important developments-Educational reforms,Religious reforms,Tax Reforms,Art and Architecture
•Marathas -Chronology, Warsand Ashtapradhans
•Vijayanagarand Bahamani -Rulers and Capitals and Temples •Sikhism -Gurus,Texts,wars
•Advent of the Europeans -Base,Factories,Carnatic Wars
|•Independence Movement & Indian National Movement.||•Before 1857 -Acts and Policies |
•Crown Rule -Actsafter 1857 -Council Acts,Government of India Acts -Key features
•Governor Generals/Viceroy-Tenure and work.
•Socio Religious, Caste, and Bhakti-Sufi movements
•Social reformers/Personalities associated with various movements -Swami Vivekananda,Raja Rammohan Roy
•Moderate,Extremist Phase,Gandhian Phase
•Indian National Congress-Session locations and Presidents
•Freedom Struggle -Slogans, Eminent personalities
•Political organizationother than Indian National Congress ex. Ghadar Party,Azad Hind Fauj , RSS etc.
•Poona Pact,Lucknow Pact,Surat Split,Nehru Report,Simon Commission , Gandhi Irwin Pact , SarvodayaPlan
•GoI Act,August Offer,Cripps Mission,Indian Independence Act.
|•Integration and Reorganization of India after Independence||•Integration of PrincelyStates, State Reorganization, Planning,Emergency.|
3. Geographyof Madhya Pradesh
- Forest, Forest Produce, Wildlife, Rivers, Mountains and Mountain ranges of Madhya Pradesh.
- Climate of Madhya Pradesh.
- Natural and Mineral resources of Madhya Pradesh.
- Transport in Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Irrigation and Electrical Projects in Madhya Pradesh.
- Agriculture, Animal husbandry and Agriculture based industries in Madhya Pradesh.
| •Forest, Forest Produce, Wildlife, Rivers, Mountains and Mountain ranges of Madhya Pradesh.|
•Natural and Mineralsresources,
•Transportation in Madhya Pradesh.
•Major Irrigation and Electrical Projects in Madhya Pradesh.
•Animal husbandry and Agriculture based industries in Madhya Pradesh.
|•One liner basic question is asked from this section.|
•Vindhyans and Satpura, Peaks and heights-Dhoopgarh, Amarkantak
•River -Tapi,Narmada, Son like Ken,Betwa,Son , Johila, Shipra , Chambal etc.
•River Length origin and tributaries
•Cities on riverbanksex Ujjain on Shipra River,Indore on Khan river,Jabalpur on Narama River.
•Minerals and mines -Copper,Manganese,Limestone,Coal,Diamond etc.
•Temples -Khajuraho,Omkareshwar,Maheshwar,Mahakaleshwar,Saas Bahu Temple Gwalior.
•Important Forts -Gwalior , Gond , Bhil , Saharia Tribes
4. Geography of India and (b) General Geographical Awareness of world
- Physical Geography:Physical features and Natural regions.
- Natural Resources:Forest, Mineral resources, Water, Agriculture, Wildlife, National Parks/ Sanctuaries/Safari.
- Social Geography:Population related Demography (Population growth, Age, Sex ratio, Literacy)
- Economic Geography: -Natural and Human resources (Industry, Modes of Transport)
- Continents/Countries/Oceans/Rivers/Mountains of world.
- Natural Resources of World.
- Conventional and Non-conventionalEnergy Resources.
|•Physical Geography:Physical features and Natural regions.|
•Natural Resources:Forest, Mineral resources, Water, Agriculture, Wildlife, National Parks/ Sanctuaries/Safari.
•Social Geography:Population related Demography (Population growth, Age, Sex ratio, Literacy)
•Economic Geography: -Natural and Human resources (Industry, Modes of Transport)
•Continents/Countries/Oceans/Rivers/Mountains of world.
•Natural Resources of World.
•Conventional and Non-conventional Energy Resources.
|•Three different levels: |
→World →India →Madhya Pradesh
•Geological Time Scale
•Rivers Confluence and River Projects
•Erosional and Depositional Features by River Winds,Glaciers
•Water Bodiesof different Continents
•Name of International Land Boundaries with other countries.
•Crops(Specially Madhya Pradesh)
•Portsand National Highways
•Minerals, Industries (Specially in Madhya Pradesh)
5.(A)Constitution System of Madhya Pradesh
- Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh (Governor, Council of Ministers, Legislative Assembly, High Court).
- Three-tier System of Panchayati Raj and Urban Administration in Madhya Pradesh
|•Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh|
•Council of Ministers
•Three-tier System of Panchayati Raj inMadhya Pradesh.
•Urban Administration in Madhya Pradesh.
|•Organization and formation of Madhya Pradesh|
•State Legislature -Total Number of Seats,Reserved Seats.
•Total Lok Sabha Constituencies
•Legislative Elections and Political Parties
•First in MP Governor,Chief Minister,
•First Election Commissioner,State Human Rights Commissioner,
•High Courts and Bench and First CJI
•Introduction of Panchayati Raj in Madhya Pradesh
•Welfare Schemes of MP Government.
•Programmes for economic development
5. (B) Economy of Madhya Pradesh.
- Demography and Census of Madhya Pradesh.
- Economic Development of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Industries of Madhya Pradesh.
- Castes of Madhya Pradesh, Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes of Madhya Pradesh and Major Welfare Schemes of State.
|•Demography and Census of Madhya Pradesh.|
•Economic Development of Madhya Pradesh.
•Major Industries of Madhya Pradesh.
•Castes of Madhya Pradesh, Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes of Madhya Pradesh and Major Welfare Schemes of State.
|•Census Data MP|
•Programmes for economic development.
•Welfare Schemes of MP Government.
6. Constitution,Government and Economyof India
- Government India act 1919 and 1935.
- Constituent Assembly.
- Union Executive, President and Parliament.
- Fundamental Rights and Duties of the Citizens and Directive Principles of State policy.
- Supreme Court and Judicial System.
- Indian Economy, Industrial Development and Foreign trade, Import and Export.
- Financial Institutions-ReserveBank of India, NationalizedBanks, Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), National Stock Exchange (NSE), Non-BankingFinancial Institutions.
|•GovernmentofIndia Act 1919 |
•Government of India Act 1935.
•Union Executive, President and Parliament.
•Fundamental Rights and Duties of the Citizens and Directive Principles of State policy.
•Supreme Court and Judicial System
•Political system of the country,
•Elections, political parties.
|•National Symbols |
•Imp.Articles and Schedules,
•Evolutionofthe Constitution,Sources of Constitution,
•Constituent Assembly Important Statements by Leaders
•Preamble -Ideals and Objectives
•42nd and 44th Amendment Act
•Parliament Composition and Duration and Membership
•Union/State Executive:Qualification,Terms and Powers
•Supreme Court / High Court / Subordinate Courts
•Panchayati RajInstitutions and Committees
•ImportantCommittees and Commissions ex. NHRC(Chairman andTenure)
•General Electionsyear,Political parties -President and establishment.
|•Indian EconomyoSustainable economic developmentoFiver Year PlansoEconomic Sectors•Industrial Development and Foreign trade-Import and Export.•ReserveBank of India•NationalizedBanks •Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)•National Stock Exchange (NSE)•Non-BankingFinancial Institutions||•Types of Economies|
•National Income Accounting
•Public Expenditure & Fiscal Policy -Budget,Taxation etc
•External Sector -Foreign Trade,Balance of Payment etc
•Banks -Established year, location and Banking Structure
•Govt. schemes, different Index and India’s ranking, the terminology of economics
•Reports -World Development,World Economic Outlook, Ease of Doing Businessetc
•Index -Human Development Index,Global Hunger Index etc.
•Organizationsand their Role: IMF,World Bank,WEF
7.Science and Technology
- Basic Principles of Science.
- Important Indian Scientific Research Institutions and Their achievements, Satellite and Space technology.
- Environment and Biodiversity.
- Ecological System.
- Nutrition, Food and Nutrient.
- Human Body.
- Agricultural Product Technology
- Food Processing
- Health Policy and Programmes.
- Pollution, Natural Disasters and Management
|•Basic Principles of Science.|
•Important Indian Scientific Research Institutions and Their achievements, Satellite and Space technology.
•Nutrition, Food and Nutrient.
•Health Policy and Programmes
|•Latest discoveriesand Inventions,Nobel Prizes.|
•Human Body parts and Functions,Glands,Blood Group, Diseasesand Vaccines
•Vitamins,Carbohydrates,Proteins and Fats
•Physics in everyday life -Measurements,Material Conductivity and Metals Nonmetals,Optics.Tubelight,stethoscope, Total Internal reflection.
•Chemistry in everyday life -Washing Soda,Salt, baking soda,thermometer, Barometer,acidity , basicity
|•Ecological System•Environment and Biodiversity •Climate Change•Pollution, Natural Disasters and Management•Environmental Governance||•Basic Terminologies |
•National Parks,Biosphere Reserves and Hotspots.
•EnvironmentalProtection Acts/ Summits/ Conventions
•Climate Change Impact -Global Warming Greenhousegases, Ozone etc.
8.Current Events of National & International Importance
- Important Personalities and Places
- Major Events
- Important Sports Institutes, Sports Competitions and Awards of India and Madhya Pradesh
|•Important Personalities and Places||•Persons innews:New appointment/CEO/MD |
•Important visits of Indian Prime Minister and President to different countries
•Books and Authors
•New Political and administrative appointments•New Awards and Prizes
•Visit of International Personalities to India
|•Major National and International Events||•National Events |
•International summitsand Conventions
•Schemes and Programmes
•Important Military Exercises
| •Important Sports Institutes|
•Awards of India and Madhya Pradesh.
|•Sports Institutions National and Madhya Pradesh–Lakshmibai National Institute of PhysicalEducation, NetajiSubhash National Institute of Sports (NSNIS),Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education (LNCPE)etc|
•Sports Competitions–Cricket, Football, Hockey, Badminton, Chess, Athletics, Archery,Water Sports etc. are popular sports in Madhya Pradesh. Besides, traditional games like Kho-kho, Gulli danda, Sitoliya and Pitthu are also famous in the rural areas of the state.
•Sports Awards of India–Arjunaaward,Dronacharyaaward, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Dhyan Chand Award, Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskaretc
•Sports Awards of Madhya Pradesh:Eklavya Awards, Vishwamitra Award, Vikram Award, Prabhas Joshi Award, etc, MP Sports Person who have achieved awards at national and international level.
|•Sports Competitions||•Number of Players in different Sports-Basketball,Volleyball,Kabaddi,Rugby|
•Tournaments like Grand Slams
•Sports meet and locations -Boxing and Shooting,Weightlifting,Archery
•Sports Persons in News
•Medal winners specially from MP
•Books by famous sportspersonsand their pen names•Important players -Roop Singh,Major Dhyanchand, Sameer Dad , CK Nayudu , Sandhya Agarwal
•Important Games their tournamentsand trophies. -Ex Cricket, Hockey,Malkhamb
9.Information and Communication Technology
- Electronics, Information and Communication Technology
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security
- Internet and Social Networking Sites
|•Electronics, Informationand CommunicationTechnologies|
Softwareand Bugs Characteristics uses, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video
•Internet and Social Networking Sites
|•Inventors of www.,internet,email , etc.|
•Computer generations and parts
•Browsers,Virus , hacking , Spam
•Networking -Ethernet,wireless,WAN , LAN etc.
•Memory -Kb Mb Gb
•Full Form -http,CPU,www,.com,.in , .org
•Communication Technologies-Chat, Conferencing,Social Network,WhatsApp,Facebook
10. National and Regional Constitutional / Statutory Bodies
- Election Commission of India
- State Election Commission
- Union Public Service Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- NITI Aayog
- Human Rights Commission
- Women Commission
- Child Protection Commission
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Commission
- Backward class Commission•Information Commission
- Vigilance Commission•National Green Tribunal
- Food preservation Commission etc.
PAPER-2: General Aptitude Test
2.Interpersonal skill including communication skill
3.Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4.Decision making and problem-solving
5.General mental ability
6.Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude etc.-Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
7.Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
Note:Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question